Respect Life

Respect Life

“Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of [baby’s name] the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.”
– Prayer of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Defend the Innocent
Respect Life work is about praying and working for the defense of the innocent of our society.  The innocent in the womb and the elderly who are unable to care for themselves are threatened our culture.  The Respect Life group is for those who have a want to transform our culture from a culture of death to a culture of life.

Goals
The goals of the Respect Life group are to increase the awareness within our parish and our community of Life issues.  These range from contraception, to abortion, to care for the elderly.

Getting Organized
Currently, St. Anthony’s does not have a Respect Life group.  We are looking for parishioners of all ages to become involved this group to promote the culture of life in our parish and our community.  This is a tremendous opportunity to make a positive difference in our neighborhood.

Holy Hour for Life
The first Saturday of each month starting at 5PM we spend a Holy Hour for Life.  We spend time in adoration before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, pray the rosary and meditate on readings from the Gospel of John. The Holy Hour for Life ends with Benediction before the 6PM mass.  Come and join us to save babies!  The prayers for the Holy Hour for life are in both English and Spanish.

Archdiocesan Respect Life Meetings
The other activity that our group does is to attend the Archdiocesan Respect Life meetings, which are/ the 3rd Monday of every month from September through May.  These meetings are held at the John Paul II Center, 1300. S. Steele St.  The Archdiocesan meetings start with the Rosary at 6:30PM with the meeting starting at 7PM.  These meetings are a great opportunity for our parish to network with the other parishes of the diocese.  This meeting helps to promote the various pro-life issues within the Diocese.  Detailed information about the various Archdiocesan Respect Life activities can be found at the following website:  http://www.archden.org/respectlife

Who do I contact
Barb Marquez:303-231-3946

Why am I involved?
“Children are a blessing, the fruit of the womb” (Psalm 127:3).

“I started going to the monthly meetings with a friend, and the Lord led me to get involved in Pro-Life work.  I have done is to collected signatures to stop partial-birth abortions, and helped to organize our parish to spiritually adopt a baby, and to provide needed supplies for Bridgeway, a non-profit organization that supports women who decide keep their babies rather than to have an abortion.”
Vonny O’Leary,