Eucharistic Adoration

Saint Pope John Paul II said “Be a guide to Christ for us, Mary” (Toronto, 1984).  Just as the Holy Spirit filled Elizabeth when she heard Mary’s greeting at the Visitation, we too are called to respond to God’s invitation.

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior.  For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.  The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name” – Luke 1:46-49

Our prayer group meets on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM.  We spend our time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament.

We expose the Blessed Sacrament, pray the rosary together, pray a litany, sing hymns and spend at least 20 minutes of silent adoration.

After adoration we pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, along with prayers of consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary and to Father God.

Why I spend time in Adoration

“Holiness is a disposition of the heart that makes us humble and little in the arms of God, aware of our weakness, and confident — in the most audacious way — in His Fatherly goodness.” – St. Therese of Lisieux

“When you have received Him, stir up your heart to do Him homage; speak to Him about your spiritual life, gazing upon Him in your soul where He is present for your happiness; welcome Him as warmly as possible, and behave outwardly in such a way that your actions may give proof to all of His Presence.” – St. Francis de Sales

“The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because It gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself,” – St. Pius X

“When you look at the Crucifix, you understand how much Jesus loved you then. When you look at the Sacred Host you understand how much Jesus loves you now,” – Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

From the Eucharist comes strength to live the Christian life and zeal to share that life with others,” – Saint Pope John Paul II

Prayer before the Eucharist

God desires to deepen his relationship with you  Adoration is an excellent way to bring ourselves with all of our jumble of emotions and feelings and human self, to speak and to listen with God.  At times, community prayer such as the rosary help us to meditate on the Life of Christ through the experience of his Blessed Mother Mary against the background of our own lives.  At other times, spontaneous prayer, bringing the experience and emotions of the day or week before the Lord are ways that we can share our lives with Christ more deeply.  He is asking you to take some time to share your life more deeply with Him.

Tantum Ergo
Down in adoration falling,
Lo! the sacred Host we hail;
Lo! o’er ancient forms departing,
Newer rites of grace prevail;
Faith for all defects supplying,
Where the feeble senses fail.
To the everlasting Father,
And the Son who reigns on high,
With the Holy Spirit proceeding
Forth from each eternally,
Be salvation, honor, blessing,